Just Wanna Know

Revolutionary Propaganda Organ

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Jellaba in Camo!

The latest rage in women's clothing, in Tangier at least, is the camoflage women's jellaba. They're fronted in shop windows, and one can spot them on fashionable young women all the time in the streets. Rachel sees them more often than I do, and she finally pointed one out to me today. Here, I found that they've been around since 1996 in Morocco, apparently at the very elite level. Perhaps now they're filtering down to a popular level...

(Upon retrospect, perhaps "caftan" is the more precise term here--I dunno. And I have even less of a sense whether there's any significance at all to all this.)

3 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is Rachel going to get one? (Mom)

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger John Schaefer said...

Maybe--she's also been looking at some shoes and a purse, so she might have to follow the ensemble... But I think camo would be very chic.

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I'm the camo type. He's right about the shoes and purse though. I'm really tempted to get them only there a salmon color. hmmm... I don't have a lot of salmon colored clothes...
Oh, I think the pic is a caftan. The jellaba is a little different construction. There is also more white in the ones I see around town.
c'est moi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home