Just Wanna Know

Revolutionary Propaganda Organ

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Go Break a Heart

Nice interview with Kris Kristofferson here.

Excerpt:

"Q: Most folks know that you made your first musical mark out of Nashville. The Texas songwriters, like, say, Townes Van Zandt, or Guy Clark, were they more of an inspiration or were they peers?

"A: Well, they were both. But I didn't hang out with them, didn't know them. I knew them, really, through Mickey Newbury, who did know them personally. And I know Mickey always said Townes was the best songwriter there was. And since that included me and Mickey, I figured he must know what he was talking about.

"And Guy Clark, on this latest album, something he said to me once when we were going on the stage in London, gave me the tag line from (the song) 'The Final Attraction.' Cause he said, 'Go break a heart.' And I stuck it on that song.

"Q: That's something to say to somebody right when they're going on stage, 'Go break a heart.'

"A: 'Go break a heart.' Well, it sounds like Guy Clark, doesn't it?"

1 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger John Schaefer said...

OK, so I found a solution for how to keep ascot-man with the beady little eyes up on the site. It's creeping Rachel out, too, which is an added bonus!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home