Just Wanna Know

Revolutionary Propaganda Organ

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Lovely Day

This is one of the nicest days I've seen yet in Tangier--the reason we have a quarter of a million tourists in town right now. Last night it got down close to 60, and I had to shut the window (that's been open since mid-July) or else get a blanket.

Today it's 79 degrees and extremely clear. One of those days when you can see not only Spain... Not only the sand of the beaches... But the white breakers on the beaches, the roads over the mountains, the little houses of Tarifa, all four ferries--all in a row--stretched between Tangier's port and Tarifa's, 8 miles away.

3 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Rachel Schaefer said...

I wish I were there to share it with you. I know how lovely it can be in Tangier. But, it was never that clear when I was there.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger John Schaefer said...

Yes, it was clearer than I'd ever seen it. But then last night it rained, and it rained all morning today too...

I wish you were here too.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thunder in the Vicinity
84°F
Feels Like
89°F
Updated Aug 23 04:25 p.m. ET
UV Index: 3 Moderate
Wind: From WNW at 11 mph
Humidity: 66%
Pressure: 29.97 in.
Dew Point: 72°F
Visibility: 10.0 miles


Go scratch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home