Just Wanna Know

Revolutionary Propaganda Organ

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Geezer cheat-sheet

For those of us who will soon be spending a lot of time around people who were born in 1989, and who will further need to be able to convince them to trust our judgment and understanding, there are materials to help. Here's one: The Beloit Mindset List 2011, filled with reminders for those faculty members for whom 1997 (or 1987, or 1977) was just a couple years ago... I mean, what? A decade ago? Dude.

Favorites:

1. What Berlin wall?
11. Rap music has always been mainstream.
39. Fox has always been a major network.
46. Most phone calls have never been private.
(Alternate: Upon receiving a call, the typical first question has always been "Where are you?"
48. Microbreweries have always been ubiquitous.
51. China has always been more interested in making money than in reeducation.
55. MTV has never featured music videos.

3 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

# 7: They have grown up with bottled water.

This one made me stop and blink a couple of times...My kids would think I was crazy if I tried to give them water from the tap.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger John Schaefer said...

Weenies!

Remember Heathers? Something like: "No, it's the eighties now. Lots of straight people drink bottled water..."

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I had forgotten that! Holy shit, I think my daiquiri just came out my nose a little bit...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home